The Little Silver Public School District is pleased to announce that the residents of Little Silver have voted to approve the referendum. Thank you for your support. In the coming months, this page will be updated to reflect the progress of the project.
CLICK THE IMAGES BELOW TO VIEW THE PRESENTATION DOCUMENTS
Please forward any questions about the referendum project to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In spite of the 2% Tax Levy Cap, the Board of Education and Administration have successfully addressed many facility needs within the operating budget. WE NEED TO DO MORE...
- We are dealing with aging schools, (avg. age = 60.8 years old) the oldest sections dating back to 1934 - some with original windows, doors, and other infrastructure items that have reached the end of their life expectancy.
- Current interest rates are still very reasonable but won’t stay there forever.
- UP TO 34% DEBT SERVICE AID is available on eligible projects. This could mean MILLIONS in savings for Little Silver
- At this time, current Debt Service Aid payments will be ending and thus offset some of the new debt being assumed under the September Referendum.
Much of what the District is addressing, focus on Enhanced Learning Environments and Keeping Up-to-Date with Operations.
ENHANCED LEARNING ENVIRONMENTS
- Educational Programs drive the need to update facilities.
- The School Community believes that the students deserve facilities that support the academic, social, emotional, wellness and creative opportunities available to them.
STUDENT & STAFF SAFETY
- The safety of the students and staff has always been a priority. However, now more than ever, it is crucial to ensure that our schools have all the physical systems and technologies available to protect our students & staff.
KEEP UP-TO-DATE WITH OPERATIONS
- So much of what keeps school/facilities running smoothly is the condition of the systems and infrastructure “behind the scenes.” The flooring, ceilings, lighting, tech network, and equipment are at the core of keeping a building running. Although they go unnoticed in day to day use, it is crucial to keep these systems in good condition.