It is the policy of the Little Silver School District not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, ancestry, national origin, social or economic status or disability in its educational programs or activities and employment policies as required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and NJAC 6:4-1.1 et seq. Inquiries regarding compliance may be directed to the Affirmative Action Officer, Markham Place Guidance Counselor at 732-741-7112 ext. 3034. Discrimination complaints will follow the Board of Education policy for complaints and grievances. Policies and regulations concerning Affirmative Action can be found in their entirety on the BOE Policy and Regulations Page.
Affirmative Action Officer
Little Silver Schools
School Business Administrator/Board Secretary
The Little Silver School District is seeking a Business Administrator/Board Secretary to join the administrative team in this critical role. The district is located in northeast Monmouth County and serves approximately 800 PK-8 students divided between two schools with an operating budget of $16 million dollars. Candidates that wish to be considered for the position should possess the following qualifications:
- NJ School Business Administrator Certificate/Certificate of Eligibility
- Knowledge of Board Secretary duties and responsibilities
- Knowledge and experience with accepted business practices in school
- districts related to budget preparation and administration, payroll, health
- benefits, negotiations, risk management, purchasing, state reports, grants, transportation, food service, school plant operations, and facility planning
- Understanding of the principles and practices of financial accounting
- and reporting procedures consistent with statute, code, and GAAP
- Qualified Purchasing Agent preferred
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Experience working with Systems 3000 is preferred
Little Silver Schools is accepting applications for a full-time, tenure track school psychologist to work as part of the child study team. This position includes providing case management services, conducting evaluations, consulting, and providing counseling services.
- NJDOE Certification as a School Psychologist is required
- Prior CST experience preferred
Interested applicants please send cover letter, resume, copies of certifications and letters of recommendation to:
MIDDLE SCHOOL SCIENCE TEACHER
MIDDLE SCHOOL LANGUAGE ARTS TEACHER-LONG TERM LEAVE
(available September 1, 2021 - November 22, 2021)
5-8 Subject Matter Specialization required
CHILD STUDY TEAM MEMBER
The Little Silver School District is accepting applications for a full-time, tenure track Child Study Team member.
NJDOE Certification as a School Psychologist or LDTC or Social Worker is required
- Prior CST experience preferred
Network Administrator - Immediate Vacancy
The Little Silver Board of Education is currently seeking an outstanding and dynamic individual to fill this critical 12-month position. Competitive salary and benefits will be offered.
- Broad knowledge of instructional technology equipment and applications; on-line services; technology resources; and integration of technology across curriculum.
- Required criminal history background check and proof of US citizenship or legal resident alien status.
- Bachelor’s degree in computers, engineering, technology, science or mathematics.
The Network Administrator will ensure that network and associated systems such as firewalls, switches, wireless access points, servers, network attached storage, and backup systems are running effectively and efficiently for the District. The District Network Administrator will assist in the assignment of tasks as they pertain to network systems to the Technology Technician.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Installation and maintenance of network and associated systems such as servers, network attached storage, storage area networks and backup systems.
- Maintain the district network inventory.
- Observe and report violations of the Acceptable Use Policy for staff and students to the Superintendent.
- Coordinate deployment of technology projects with the Superintendent.
- Location, placement and removal of district network equipment as necessary.
- Maintain technology planning records, software inventory, hardware inventory, network design diagrams of wiring, security, and passwords.
- Develop and maintain a data recovery and disaster management plan.
- Maintain strict privacy in all matters; district network, safety for emails and Net usage.
- Act as district’s agent for purchasing of new hardware and software in dealing with vendors.
- Develop bid specifications and review bids to ensure compliance with bid specification.
- Develop a long range plan to include software, hardware and financial implications.
- Research new products for appropriate and necessary equipment replacement or additions.
- Assist in the development and implementation of an approved Technology Plan.
- Experience managing Windows Network, network infrastructure, IP phone system and access controls, highly preferred.
NOON HOUR AIDE
Monday-Friday from 11:00 AM- 1:00 PM
($15.00 per hour)
The Little Silver School District is seeking Noon-Hour Aides to assist in the supervision of students at lunch and recess in accordance with Board policy and established district procedures.
- Ensure the safety of students at all times
- Supervise students in the cafeteria/classrooms and on playground/gym/classrooms during lunch and recess
- Assist in making sure that tables/desks and surrounding areas are clean before and after lunch
- Assist students with hand sanitizing before lunch and after recess
- Assist students and obtaining their lunches
- Circulate among lunchroom/classrooms during lunch to be available as needed for opening items, monitoring bathroom requests, and clean up
- Escort the students to/from recess
- Stay in the assigned area supervising the students at recess
- Report to the teacher supervisor any issues involving students (injuries, behavior, etc.)
$15 per hour - Secretaries
$150-Nurses (Must have RN Cert)
Mandated background check. Call Board Office for information.
732-741-2188 X 1000 (Judy Lyons)
$15/hour. Mandated background check. Send letter of interest/resume to:
Mr. Rick Carlson, Supervisor of Building & Grounds
124 Willow Drive
Little Silver, NJ 07739
or email: rcarlson@